Vinyl decor designs lift interior or exterior surfaces in any part of the home.
“This instant decorating concept is easy and inexpensive,” says local interior designer Claire Douglas.
“With a range of themes, sizes and colours to choose from, wall stickers offer a stylish and modern alternative to wall paper, paint or artwork.”
Contemporary designer patterns can add an element of vibrancy and fun to any smooth surface.
From walls, kitchen cupboards, fridges, shower doors to windows and mirrors there are no creative boundaries when using this simple DIY product.
What could be more hip than the Joburg skyline or a dandelion blowing in the wind silhouetted across a wall?
A butterfly tree will add a playful and colourful touch to a child’s room.
Why not make a fashion statement at your next business meeting with designer stickers pasted on your laptop?
Check out the range of simple quotes and inspirational words, if graphic images are not your decor choice.
The good news is that reputable wall stickers are waterproof, removable, reusable and do not damage walls. No messy paint, glue or drilling is required.
“If you get bored with a certain look, peel off the stickers and reapply to give another space a fresh new perspective,” says Claire.
“Personalise an area in rented accommodation and then take the stickers with you when you leave.”
This new decor delight is a budget-friendly solution to decorating dilemmas.
Prices range from R220 for theme and children’s stickers to R350 to R500 for the larger graphic designs.
Visit www.flair.co.za or call Claire at 083 561 6269.
Tips on how to apply vinyl wall art
* Each vinyl wall sticker product usually comes with its own instructions. Remember to follow these step-by-step instructions to achieve the best results.
* Do not apply to freshly painted walls.
* Allow about three to five days after painting. The vinyl is sensitive to paint fumes emitted from the wall and may not adhere properly if applied too soon .
* Wipe the surface so that the area is clean, smooth and free of dust.
* Gently smooth out stickers to get rid of any air bubbles there might be. Careful application will ensure that the stickers appear like part of the wall paint. – The Mercury
* * * * *
For home inspection services in the Sacramento and Bay Area please contact Golden State Home Inspections at 800.441.0804 or visit http://www.goldenstatehomeinspections.com.
For more information, we are available on Facebook as well.